Saturday, September 29, 2007

Side Trip: Guys Weekend in SanFran

So my buddy Dave and I were supposed to meet up for a weekend of hiking and beer drinking in Yosemite this past weekend. Unfortunately, the winter storm that chased Julie and I from the park hung around and caused Dave and I to change plans on the fly.

We decided on a guys weekend in the city - after I wussed out on a last minute trip to Vegas. Despite a crappy hotel room - complete with chandelier (note, never stay at the Westin in Union Square) we had a great time (despite the massive hangovers from Friday night).

While Friday was over the top, Saturday was a chill day in the city. We caught what I am confident will become a cult movie hit: Shoot 'em up. Horrible acting, way over the top violence, but some great gun fight scenes and one liners. Watch it, enjoy.

Next up was a Giants game - likely my last visit to PacBell - I mean SBC - I mean AT&T park. Since it was the end of a crummy year for the Giants we were able to score great seats at half the face value. Pics below are Dave at our seats behind first base and me outside the park.

After that we simple closed down the nearest brew pub and called it a night. It wasn't Yosemite but still a good time.

No comments: